Understanding the importance of straight teeth is essential to helping patients achieve a healthier mouth.
- Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowned, crooked, or spaced to far apart.
- Properly aligned teeth can help gums fit more tightly around them which may lead to better periodontal health.
- With maintenance of good oral hygiene, the chance of having plaque retention, tooth decay, or periodontal disease can be reduced.
DECREASED RISK OF ABNORMAL WEAR
- Properly aligned teeth may also reduce the risk of expensive procedures required to repair the effects of abnormal force, such as chipping, breaking, or wear;and can also be less stressful on the supporting jaw bone and joints.
What is INVISALIGN?
The Invisalign system is virtually invisible way yo straighten your teeth. Using advanced 3-D computer-imaging technology, Invisalign depicts your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to their final desire position. Then a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth-and your teeth only-to move them by a little.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
- Invisalign aligners move teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force on your teeth.
- Invisalign not only controls force, but also the timing of the force application.
- These movements are determined by your doctor as he or she maps out your unique Invisalign treatment plan.
IS THIS A NEW WAY TO STRAIGHTEN TEETH?
- No, Align Technology, the company that manufactures Invisalign, was founded in 1997.
- More than 1.3 million patients have been treated with Invisalign.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS IF INVISALIGN?
- Virtually invisible for a seamless fit with your teeth.
- They are removable.
- No metal brackets or wires to cause irritation to your mouth.
- View your virtual results and treatment plan before you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM INVISALIGN?
- Almost anyone is determined to be a good candidate by their dentist or orthodontist can benefit from Invisalign.
HOW LONG DOES TREATMENT TAKE?
- The length of treatment depends on the severity of your case.
- Dr Kaufman and Dr Strauss can determine the treatment length.
- However the average case takes about 12 months.
DOES INSURANCE COVER INVISALIGN?
- Dental benefits differ significantly from policy to policy, you should review your personal coverage plan.
- However, in general, if a patient has orthodontic coverage, Invisalign should be covered to the same extent as conventional braces.
IS INVISALIGN FDA APPROVED?
Invisalign aligners are classified as Class ll medical devices by the FDA, and Align Technology, INC. obtained 510K clearance from the FDA necessary to sell and market the Invisalign system.